Thursday, July 11, 2013

Speedie speedo...

Had a few extra minutes this morning on my ride to work and decided to stick on my new bike computer (Sigma BC 1609 STS Double Wireless Bicycle Speedometer). It literally took 5 minutes but I didn't use the cadence sensor. Didn't setup the tire size either but it was close. Think I'm going to like it :-)

Before using it again, I decided to set it up with my tire size and get use to the menus. My last computer was a wired model that cost about $12 bucks after returning a wireless model that did not work well. This one is definitely a step up. Like all the features but wish it had auto scroll that would go through the typical speed calculations. It has a nice back-light too but does not stay on - it comes on when a button is pushed then goes off after a few seconds. My next ride was right on in distance after setting the tire size - used the chart with tire sizes and settings included in the manual.

Began by using the rubber bands but decided to mount the speedometer bracket using the wire ties. It would flex a little bit when I pushed the buttons - didn't like that. Decided not to wire tie the sensor though - its kinda large and thought it would be better to take it off after removing the speedometer. Its a snap to install and I haven't noticed any unnecessary movement on the roads I ride on. My bike has large diameter carbon fiber forks and the band is nice and tight.

Don't use most of the features - I generally keep it on the TRIP DIST and it continuously displays speed. There is a small up and down arrow on the left side of the speed that indicates if current speed is above or below the average speed. Like that allot because I don't have to push the button to know the average. All in all I'm very pleased and would recommend the purchase. However, I found it on Amazon from a seller for $50 with free shipping - at that price it was an exceptional deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment