Sunday, October 13, 2013

Google Personalized News Login Failure....

Every so often now my Samsung SIII Mini does not login to my Google personalized news. It's very annoying since it's my start page and favorite bookmark. Noticed it again this morning when another change in Google+ came through.

I messed around with deleting various aspects of the browser security selections but with inconsistent results. Finally, it dawned on me - just remove all of it. With this in mind I went the the Settings application and selected Application Manager. Then swiped to change the tab to "ALL" and scrolled down to the selection "Internet".

Once there it's easy, just push the "Clear data" button. But there is a downside - all my bookmarks GONE! Fortunately I had backups. The Google bookmarks solution seems awkward even though the idea is good. I use the app Bookmark Folders by DynamicG that warns NOT TO USE if you are using Google's bookmarks.

I then went into my Bookmark Folder application and restored my precious bookmarks. I'm sure that Google will eventually perfect Google+ and the synchronized bookmarks but until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment