Sunday, February 9, 2014

Android Bookmarks...

Bookmarks seem overly difficult on Android and if you've ever had to change phones then you may have experienced this. The built in management is terrible so I did what everyone does - downloaded an app to fix it.

Found a great one called "Bookmark Folders” by DynamicG. It used a special character, such as a dash (-) to recognize/create a virtual sub folders. Very simplistic and functional except on the backups. Google played havoc on bookmark backup programing especially if you don't use an SD card and would like to backup to the cloud.

It took a while but I found another program that worked seamless with ”Bookmark Folders”.  It backs up the default web browsers bookmarks to an HTML file. It too was on Google Play and its called ” Bookmark Sort and Backup” by Happydroid. It also  backs up the default web browser bookmarks to a directory of my choice - I can the send them anywhere.

Its my understanding that Chrome will soon be the default browser on future Android releases but it will be hard to beat the functionality of "Bookmark Folders". I will of course use them as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment