Sunday, February 9, 2014

Cheap Phones...

So all my tricks did not help my phone - it died. The last test was a factory reset. No cell tower signal at all - I think I just wore it out. Wi-Fi just seemed to use more battery so I would just leave it on cell tower data all the time. Don't think it should have died though. Its funny because I'm using Lisa’s old one that I originally bought for myself. I've been through two to her one:-) Guess I push their limits - probably need to buy a quality one but it goes against my senseabilities. As a mater of fact I'm going to push the low end especially since its the low end phone that I'm using.

They are all from China but built with different specification and quality control. Its interesting that China has decided to develop their own operating system because Google Android has an official system design that has made it more expensive while the Chinese manufactories used their open source system to design more inexpensive phones.

Google is such a unique company that I always chuckle when so called industry insiders compare them to other companies. The recent news was lambasting them for selling off Motorola but as always, they are a technology company not a phone company. Lenova is a dominate supplier in China and now they will be able to sell officially licensed android phones in the largest market in the world.

However, I thought of replacing my Latin American Samsung Mini with a Moto G but its still too expensive to me. Two out of three phones dying within a relatively shirt time period not to mention the replacement phone I received while on Virgin Mobile. This time I'm gonna go sub $100 and check it out. Just bought a huge 5 inch phone with a Gorilla Glass screen for $120 so I'm gonna go with a 4 inch phone without the Gorilla Glass. Found one for $85 dollars.

But as before I know I'm going to have problems with my favorite game. It has has been updated many times and while trying to put back on my old phone I found a new problem. It requires an SD card now and this made it easy to nix the Moto G but I know there be a storage problem anyway. If I'm gonna have problems I want to save all the money I can...:-)

PS: The modular phone is on its way...

No comments:

Post a Comment